Table Of Contents
- 1. Ten Gadgets For Going Back to College
- 2. Cool Gadgets For the Modern College Student
- 3. Online Tutorial Business
Ten Gadgets For Going Back to College
Going back to college can be difficult. Endless studying, essays, and long lectures can be a herculean task to some. Luckily, there is a wide range of devices and gadgets empowering today’s college students to make the most of their college education.
1. Cell Phone: Cell phones are incredibly popular, easily being the primary phones of most college students. There are several kinds of cellphones, ones that function as mobile phones, and others commonly referred to as smart phones.
These phones can be used to check e-mail, browse the internet, and a variety of other functions.
Cell phones have a variety of gadgets attached to them, from keyboards to wireless headsets.
2. Camera: Most cell phones have cameras, but the majority of them are inferior when compared to an actual camera. Cameras today can take video, can connect directly to a computer, and can automatically correct and improve pictures.
You never know when a class project might find you wanting to take a few pictures to spruce up a project.
3. Noise-canceling headphones: Headphones are important for listening to music, or audio from a computer while on campus.
Noise-canceling headphones are great for studying at home, not only do they let you listen in private, they prevent other noises from distracting you from your work.
A must for people taking online courses in busy households.
4. Webcam: Webcams allow for video chats and video conferencing. This is useful for communicating with classmates as well as with friends and family if you’ve had to move away for college. Many computers come with integrated webcams now, check and see if you have one.
5. E-book reader: Books are heavy, fact. A backpack full of books can make walking to class equivalent to hard labor. E-books are the answers, these small portable readers are small and light, with an ever-increasing library of books. Many textbooks are available in digital format, and at much lower prices.
6. MP3 gadgets: There is a vast multitude of devices that an mp3 player can plug into: lamps, arm bands, picture frames, clocks, speakers, shoes, laser pointers, flashlights, toilet paper holders, jeans, and many more. If you have an mp3 player, take a look at the crazy gadgets out there for mp3 players.
7. Digital Recorders/Microphones: A good device for both dedicated and lazy students. A good recorder can help students record lectures so they can improve their study habits and never miss important information given my an instructor.
Microphones are also sold that can turn a laptop or cell phone into a powerful recording device as well.
8. Portable Wi-Fi: Many classrooms and auditoriums are wi-fi dead zones, making connecting to the internet impossible. However, there are mobile devices that connect to the internet via cell phone towers, turning some of these dead zones into personal wi-fi hot spots.
They are a bit on the expensive side and don’t work with all cell phone carriers, but can prove invaluable for managing e-mails and keeping abreast on changes in other classes.
9. Crazy Clocks: Waking up can be very difficult for college students, especially those with early classes. To help students wake up, there are a wide variety of clocks out there.
Some basic ones will turn on the radio or play music, some light up very brightly to rouse sleepers, and others will literally jump off nightstands onto sleepers and run around the room blaring noises forcing the student to get up and chase it to turn off the noise.
10. Digital Note Takers: These are the ultimate audio recorders. These are special hi-tech pens and paper that link up to your computer. The pen acts as an audio recorder, and the student takes notes on the special paper.
The remarkable thing about these devices is that the audio and notes sink up, allowing the student to hear what a professor was saying when they took specific notes, or make quick marks to signal important parts of a lecture.
Gadgets won’t guarantee that a student will succeed when they go back to college. However, they can certainly help a dedicated student and can greatly assist in a college education.
Cool Gadgets For the Modern College Student
If you’re serious in college, why not get serious with your college tech gear? Tuition may be up this semester, but tech tools and gadget prices keep on dropping. Here are some cool gadgets that will help you in homework and everyday college adventures.
Make your day complete with ultra-light netbooks or notebooks. If writing notes and carrying books and binders isn’t your thing, the netbook is your best friend.
With Wi-Fi and 3G capabilities, netbooks are manufactured in response to the widespread demand for internet connection anywhere, anytime. It can also perform other processes that normal laptops do, including documents, spreadsheets and other tasks.
Apart from that, most netbooks use Intel Atom processor, power saving features that allow batteries to last for more than five hours per charge. That’s enough for jotting notes for your whole day of classes.
Imagine the convenience of online classes, online research and e-books all placed in this single gadget.
Most netbooks are priced from $200 to $300 dollars. Among the popular lines are Acer Aspire One, Asus EEE PC and HP Mini.
If you’re doing more than the usual typing and browsing, say digital animation, computing and programming coursework, then get a laptop packed with powerful features, like Core 2 duo or i7 processors, 4GB ram and a top video card.
iPod and other music-video gadgets are also must-haves for students who like their music anywhere they go. Try iPod Video or Nano Video for starters. You can listen to your playlists, watch videos and podcasts anywhere you go.
Go green and haul your stuff with solar backpacks.
These bags are just like any backpack or big bag you had, except that it has solar panels that charge up your cellphone, camera and laptop while you’re on the go.
Solar backpacks cost around $80-200 dollars.
Online Tutorial Business
Online business trend is emerging with a great pace in today’s time and every person wants to start online business if he has the skill and ability to carry forward that business.
Everything is becoming costlier in a present time so people feel to have more money and for that they look towards to the online jobs and businesses.
People are fed up of their regular nine to five working schedules and they feel boredom in that work so they always want to switch to something interesting and free from stressful working hours. Online methods of earning money provide you freedom to earn a lot of money.
If you devote more time to these jobs, you can more from these jobs.
Every single person is aware of internet and is familiar with the online opportunities for them.
If you have skills of teaching and you are good in a particular subject then you can start an online tutorial business. You can even start a home based online business, and for that one needs a fast internet connection for proper communication and coordination purpose.
Online tuition is an ongoing business and people can earn enough money from this business. More and more students are in search of these kinds of tuition classes as they do not want to go outside for taking any such classes.
Online tutors need to have some gadgets specially for providing classes online like web cam, headphones to communicate with students for providing classes to them.
It is up to you if you provide a good tuition class to the students online then with that engages more and more students to join your online classes.
If this happens, then a lot of earning will be there by taking classes at home on the internet, which you can easily coordinate at your home and your traveling expenses will be saved.
Internet is a source of knowledge and with this help students can do their studies by joining online tuition classes by sitting at home.
This makes them study in a better way and there will be no distraction while taking any class and no other student can disturb you in your online classes.
For making assignments, projects or even preparing presentations students always take the help of internet.
Today’s generation is very advance and the students drop the idea of taking tuition at the tutor’s home. Online tutoring has changed the teaching scenario and made the life very easier for the students.
These tutors provide various web based programs to help their students.
These tutors use online white boards for giving lectures and you can communicate and coordinate with the tutors through mails, online chatting or through on the spot messaging.
Online tutors charge to get registered for the online tuition from the students and this will satisfy your teaching urge and with that you can good money also.
In making online assignments, tutor has to put in lots of efforts and time, he has to prepare quiz based assignments, online exams and online presentations for lectures used in a very attractive, educative and in simple language so that student can understand the lecture easily.